Saturday, December 3, 2011

Android 2.3.6 OTA update rolls out to Samsung Galaxy Note

I was a bit surprised to receive the notification for an update for my galaxy note device this morning. This was an update to release 2.3.6 and I just bought the device couple of weeks back. So I opted to install the same. On my network the complete process took less than 10 minutes.








The update was close to 10MB. It was pretty straight forward, but however it was not a one step process. I had to trigger the process 3 times (Accept terms, download file, Install it) from the notification bar. Each time I waited for something to happen before I manually triggered from the notification bar.




It did end well. The last alert told me that the phone was updated to version N7000JPKK2 (this is the UAE update version as per @SamKiesUpdates tweet).





I learned from forums that this update improves the performance and battery life of the device, will have to use it for few days to confirm this.

1 comment:

  1. Update on this one, I monitored the battery life and it has indeed improved after the update. The battery used to last till evening, now it easily goes through the night.

    So charge now dwindles to 15% after 24-25 hours, with normal day-time use and regular back-end sync jobs. This is good for now.

    ReplyDelete